Thursday, August 1, 2013

Justin Defends Miley

August 28, 2013


Everyone seems to be in an uproar over the Miley Cyrus VMA performance. Most of you know that I like Miley. I know that she's a bit wild, but I think she's got talent, and I think she's got style. When I started noticing these negative comments about her performance, I had to roll my eyes. I thought, "Well, yeah, that figures." But not in the way you might think.

Hearing that she had "offended" people didn't surprise me at all. No one can ever give this girl a break!  Her new song is awesome even if you don't like the video. And if you had seen the video you would have known that her performance was obviously based on that video. I mean, come on people, she wouldn't have a top ten single with that song if it wasn't well liked. And guess what? Because of her VMA performance she now has TWO singles in the top five on iTunes.

So, I was happy when I learned that Justin Timberlake (hottie) agreed with me ;) and came to Miley's defense. Guest starring on a New York radio station shortly after the VMA's Justin was asked what he thought about the racy performance.

"I like Miley." he said. "I like her a lot. I think, you know, she's young. She's letting everybody know that she's growing up."

Exactly people! Let the girl grow and discover herself!

Justin goes on to say "It's the VMAs. You know what I mean, like, it's not the Grammys," he said. "We're talking about Madonna in a wedding dress humping the stage, we're talking about Britney doing a striptease. This cycle is not uncommon," adding, "If something like that doesn't happen at the VMAs, I feel like it was boring."

YES! The man who just won the Micheal Jackson Video Vanguard Award defends Miley Cyrus. And I pretty much agree. She's young, she's famous, she can get away with it. It doesn't make her a skank, it doesn't make her a slut, it makes her RICH. And, in my opinion, I think she's got quite a voice. Not only that, you can tell she's very driven. You have to give a girl a break! Go Miley!

Are you on the Miley train or No Way Jose train? Let us know!

Read More
Read More
Read More
Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment